The Day When I Lost My TV Remote | Funny Indian Blog | Indian Wrines


Hey! Welcome back to Indian Wrines where we tell you how to jump off the mountains. (I know. How can I be so funny!)

Hey guys! Welcome to Indian Wrines, my name is Siddhant Lavania and I am a happy kid. What? You wanna be happy like me? Oh! Simple, just subscribe to this blog, I upload regularly (kind off). See, to be happy, you need to surround yourself with happy things. That's why I am telling you to 'Subscribe'. That will be the best thing you could ever do for yourself. You don't know how to subscribe? Look around, no-no, not in real but look around on your screen, scroll up, down a bit .... AHH... here, you see that right (Coding magic) just click on it, complete the 20 second verification process and done! You unlocked the door to happiness.


Okay, come back to the main story. 'Finding Remote'. Now most of us have TV's. If you do not have a TV then probably this is going to be a lil unrelatable for you. But, still read, at least you will know the struggle, also, it is funny (that is what my heart says).
So, just like most of you, I have a TV too which was manufactured in 1880. How do I know? I mean it looks like. Once in two weeks, its doctor (Mechanic) comes home for its regular checkup, takes up 200 rupee for that and leaves. We have spent around 2 crores on its maintenance. We couldn't buy another because we are lazy. Like our TV is so old that it is the oldest member in our family. In India, their is a way of giving respect to old people. We touch their feet to show respect (I know funny). So in our house my mom taught me to touch TV's foot. Also, I would like to mention, not because my mother wants me to show respect to TV, but Tv's On/Off button is located at the bottom part of the TV. So it is like you touch (and press) feet, Tv will get on.


Our old TV also has a wife, REMOTE. Just like a man who is alive but doesn't know what to do until his wife tells him, the same way is our Tv and the remote. You can switch on the Tv but can only flip channels by its remote. I know their are buttons too on a Tv but we can't hire a watchman who stands besides the Tv to flip channels for us, so, we bought a 100 rupee remote.

But what if a man's wife gets lost? Obviously he will be happy. Here I am talking in TV's refernce. What if you lose your Tv's remote? I know, right? Worst nightmare.

My sister likes to dance, like every other girl. Once she was selected for an ad film. She was a background dancer in it. Lol Yea. But she was the first person ever from our family to be on Tv. So obviously we were happy and excited. Now, we were happy for 2 reasons. First being my sister getting selected and second, because we all have subscribed to Indian Wrines blog. Hehe.


So we were told by the makers of the ad that the ad will be first featured on that day on XYZ channel at 8 pm. We informed every other relative about this. At 7:30 pm we switched on the Tv. My dad asked me to directly switch to the XYZ channel so by no chance we miss it. I said, alright give me the remote. My father looked around and said he do not have it. I looked around, I didn't have it either. My mother came from the kitchen with some snacks and my sister who was acting as a celebrity, came and sat with us too.

I asked my mother if she has the remote. To which my mother replied that no, she just came from the kitchen. Makes sense. My sister didn't have it too. So now the struggle begins.

Suddenly Sherlock's soul got in me. I stood up and acted as if I was thinking something but instead I went to pee (it is soooo cold in Delhi). When I came back I saw my family searching for the remote by sitting at one spot and looking here and there. I, being the Sherlock in my dreams, asked everyone, "Who was watching the Tv last". My mother raised her hand, as she was. I asked, "Where have you hidden the remote, return it". You realise I was in full Sherlock mood until the hand my mother raised, landed on my cheeks. I got my answer but not the best way I would like to get an answer.


It was 7:45 pm. 15 minutes down and left. Things got serious. We were all worried. We were working hard to find that damn remote. Actually not working hard but thinking hard that where can the remote be! My dad asked me to look around the corners of sofa as it the most preffered hanging spot of remotes. But sadly it wasn't there. I checked in my pockets, of my current pants and also of other pant's too. My dad, checked in his. My mom checked inside the drawers near the TV. My sister having social attacks of what the society will say about her. All this happeneing, looked like a game of hide and seek.

Where it can be? I checked in my bag, shoes, under the bed, in my bathroom and inside my unde.... well nevermind. Basically I checked it everywhere I have took the remote with me but no where to found. It was 7:55 pm. Situation got worse and we were still sitting and doing hard thinking, my sister still having attacks. At one point I thought our remote left us but then I realised how can a remote leave us itself. I felt so stupid so another thought came that maybe someone kidnapped our remote. Yea, that made more sense.

That day, we realised the value of a remote, our remote. Otherwise, we never passed the remote by actually handing it to others. It is always by throwing it to others. It fell many times, broke but we still picked it up and we were good to go.
But that day, we learned our lessons.


Me being a writer, I started writing deep shits for my beloved, lost remote. Like:

"I threw you, but you still worked.
I beat you on your back, when you didn't work.
Maybe I didn't realise your value,
but baby, I never knew you will leave me this way.
It is only a sorry I can say.
Please come back, so we can slay.
Your Tv and its owner's son miss you.
Come back remote so we can kiss you."

Ya some shits like this. I also posted on my social medias by creating a lost post for my remote. "It has an ugly black look. It is broken from alomost everywhere so tapped in red and covered with a beautiful, but turned yellow due to dust, plastic cover. Please call or message if you find it." I remember how many people messaged to show sympathy.

Obviously we missed the ad. It was 8:20 pm then. We were all sad, more because we lost the remote and now we cannot go to any other channel. Doordarshan was the best channel for us then.
BUT then, that ad telecasted on Doordarshan too. WAAATT!! Yes, my sister shouted, "It is my ad". Yes, yes, yes, that was the ad. We realised that an ad may have a starting channel but later it gets telecasts on other channels too. Ya-ya finally we were happy. My sister felt like a celebrity although she was only visible for 5 seconds in the ad, but still. 


The next morning, my mother got up to drink water. Her being up, got me up too. I wanted to pee. So when my mother went to the kitchen than I got up. I heard my mom saying "Oh! It is here." Who was there? I peeked in the kitchen. IT WAS THE DAMN REMOTE. That remote was chilling all night in the kitchen, enjoying its half day. Who left it there? Obviously my mother. She was the last one seeing Tv and later took the remote with her in the kitchen and left it there.

My mother quietly picked the remote, and kept it near the Tv. When she turned back she got scared as I was standing behind her. We looked at each other awkwardly for a minute until my mom slapped me for scaring her. Sed lyfe. 😓
Why should moms have all the fun!!!!


I know you must be saying, you could have used the buttons on Tv to switch channels, but remember, my Tv was manufactured in 1880. Obviously all its buttons were destroyed.

ALMOST FORGOT, A VERY VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

Also, do you see this 'Subscribe' button, you do right, so click it and subscribe, you just have to type your email id and then complete the process by clicking the verification link from your mail. It will take you 2 hours, really, just 20 seconds. Please do that, you will do that, you can do that. Plx (Oh! Microsoft stop underlining)

If you care, follow on Instagram @siddhantlavania

Shoot a mail at me for any inquiry : siddhantlavania97@gmail.com

You may also like:

1) When I Went To An Indian Wedding

2) When I Went For A Morning Walk

3) BEST EXCUSE TO TAKE A DAY OFF FROM SCHOOL | BLOG | INDIAN WRINES

4) A DINNER DATE WITH FAMILY | BLOG | INDIAN WRINES


Good Bye!! Come back soon.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

He Chucked His Wife In Front Of Me! | Real Life Story | Indian Wrines

When I Went For A Morning Walk | Funny Life Situation | Indian Wrines