A DINNER DATE WITH FAMILY | BLOG | INDIAN WRINES



I remember, we ate bread with butter that afternoon because we had to go for a family dinner (obviously in a restaurant). Now who we? My family which includes my parents and my younger sister. In a middle class family, you 'plan' your dinner outing a week ago. It is not that randomly, your mom do not feel good to cook so you all go to 5 star then. No, if that is the case because mothers do feel tierd, then we order from restaurants. Do you see this? Going to a restaurant and ordering from a restaurant is very different thing. For going out you have dress to impress, who? Ofcoure the waiters and other people eating, right? So basically, dining outside in a restaurant is, people sitting, eating and judging each other.


Now it was the time. We all started getting ready. My mom took out her expensive suits (Indian wear), my dad picking up his best pair of shirt and pant; my sister took out her best, newest dress possible, who is never seen by anyone ever, not even by us. Wait, what?? How do she get these dress from then? STEA....! Me? I was confused if we were going out for dinner or marriage ceremony. I mean I was just wearing my regular jeans and a T-shirt which I have been wearing since ages. The question in the end was, are they all overdressed or was I underdressed?


Before going to any restaurant, we had already decided what all we gonna eat (I mean that's what every middle class family do). I am a fan of North Indian Cuisine and Chinese cuisine. Doesn't matter which restaurant are we going to, I have to take a decisions between these two cuisines only. My parents are South Indian lover and my sister is a selfie lover. No she doesn't eat selfies obviously, but she love to and she HAVE to click a selfie with any dish placed in front of her. Even the waiter is like, mam this is a place to eat, not a museum. 

My goal in a restaurant is clear and it is actually what it should be. Order a dish that justifies its worth. If you order a Uttpam worth 200-300, then its never worthed. Don't be an idiot, uttpam will never satisfy your stomach alone (I know skinny people will be like, WTF dude, a plate of uttpam can fill me for a year). So although we all had decided our orders before we enetered but in between my mom said, "Let's try something new this time.". That made me think for a while. Yes I guess she was right, let us try something new.


As discussed, a new dish HAS to justify its worth. So I started looking for something in the menu. While turning pages and reaching to its end I realised I saw so many unknown dishes to me and just thought that any of these uknown dishes won't satisfy my stomach and of course won't be worthed according to thier prices. So I decided not to take the risk and go with the regular North Indian.

Now every family has that leader who gives the order to the waiter on behalf of everyone. In my family it has been my mom. This time I wanted to be that leader, so I boosted some confiedence in me and the waiter arrived. I suddenly shouted "1 plate Kadhai Paneer". I shouted and every thing in that restaurant went silence. Everyone was looking at me. The most embarrasing part was, when the waiter said, "Relax." I did relax my self and sat in the corner (and cried). Obviously my mother, the leader, gave the order. Sed life. I haven't yet qualified to be that leader.

Waiting for your order is a tough thing to do. You always have your eyes on that door, that magical door from where the waiter comes out with the delecious food. It is a beautiful sight, until you realize, that food was for someone else. I was so dumb, just when the waiter left from out table after taking our orders, just then another waiter came out of that magical room. I thought it was my food. I know, I am idiot. But the most blissful scene or moment is when the waiter comes out of that magical room and it is actually your food. WOW!! Finally I will be eating after years (I know wtf but that is how you feel, right?). But then god was like F* you, because waiter only brought my parent's and sister's food. Really? What did I do to deserve this treatment? Why do you hate me waiter?



My family was eating in front of me where I had to pretend that I was happy looking at them eating their food. But finally, my food came too. Not too late, just when my family almost finished, my food came. Its okay, I am not crying. But the situation got worse when everyone ate their food but I just had 2 rotis (I eat 10 LOL, JK) and they started pressurising me to eat fast. What do you want, should I choke myself. I waited while you all were eating but you guys can't?

After a while, I was done. Food was delecious. We also had that complimentry sweet dish, also, mouth freshner, aka, Sauf and Mishri and we left (ofcourse we paid dude). My sister said let us have ice creams. So we approached ice cream wale bhaiya. Him being the legend, gave everyone their demanded ice creams together. Restaurants, learn this. That is how you serve.

Not a very pleasant day but still a day with family. We were having our ice creams and I looked at them (my family). I felt blessed to be a part of this gang. Spending time with your family sometimes get boring, but still a memory. You will miss these small moments with these real people in your life (your family) when snakes (fake people) bite you from behind. Always feel blessed.


Also, do you see this 'Subscribe' button, you do right, so click it and subscribe, you just have to type your email id and then complete the process by clicking the verification link from your mail. It will take you 2 hours, really, just 20 seconds. Please do that, you will do that, you can do that. Plx (Oh! Microsoft stop underlining)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He Chucked His Wife In Front Of Me! | Real Life Story | Indian Wrines

Mother, A Saviour Even After Death | Short Story | Emotional | Indian Wrines

Indian Roads And Its Messiah | India | Tribute | Heroes Of Indian Roads