Do You Miss Your 5 Year Old Version? What Would You Say To Your Old Version? Check Out This Letter By A Girl To Her 5 Year Old Version.



Dear 5 year old me,
                                 



I know you must be clueless to my
existence. You have no idea of who I am but I know you well enough. More
than anyone else. Anyway, I know you would never understand the things
that I'm going to pen down in this letter. You're too young to do so &
that's what makes me feel jealous of you. I've lived you & what makes
me sad is that the privilege that you still must be having, I don't
have it anymore.



As I said, you won't understand many things that I'm writing here. But
still, I just want to let all this out. Else, I'll die of suffocation.
You don't understand everything & that's the best part. You don't
understand the intentions of people when they befriend you & that is
why you have so many friends. You don't think too much, so unlike me
I have forgotten, forgotten to live in the moment, to enjoy that one
bowl of ice cream as if its my last, to run around forgetting every
other damn thing & person, to dress according to my will, regardless of
all the judgemental remarks. You are free. I'm caged.

PC: Amisha Upadhyay
I want to learn all this from you, again. Will you help me become that
carefree, full of life girl again? Please?
But all this doesn't mean that we aren't similar at all. I'm as emotional as you are. I still cry while watching movies. My eyes still turn glossy when I'm angry just like you. We both are mental & sentimental.




I wonder what you must be doing right now? Probably, sitting on the
floor with a balloon face Baba refused to buy you another
chocolate? Haha! You're just so predictable. And that's another thing
that I'm jealous of. Your goals are so on point. You exactly know what
you want from life.

PC: Amisha Upadhyay

I've no idea what I want. In all these years so much has happened. So
much has changed. I met so many new people & many older ones left me. I
started admiring people whom I thought I would never get along with. I
faced situations in life that were hell embarrassing for me.
Okay, tell me the most embarrassing thing that you ever
did? Oh! Well, remember once mom took you to a beauty parlour & they gave
you a weird hair cut and everybody laughed at you. That's it? Dude, I've
been through worst. You were never neglected, everybody loved you. But
me, I need to do.


A lot of stuff to make people happy. I'm chained with
their expectations. I am asked to respect people who don't deserve even
a pinch of it. You are lucky. Damn lucky. I wish I could travel back in
time & observe you closely and learn from you the real idea of life.
I want to be as fearless as you. You know, these days we all have this
fear. All girls. The fear of unknown. The fear of a shadow that may
attack us any time. This fear kills us from within. We are advised to
remain safe in our homes. But then, those shadows, they haunt some of us
in our homes also. We cry, we plead but nothing happens. Nobody cares. We
are objectified, we are abused, we are treated as mere commodities, we
are asked to shut our mouths & never tell anyone anything.
But I want to tell this to you. Even the girls of your age suffer this
& even younger than you. I'm glad that you passed this phase or else
your innocence would have been murdered seeing all this.


I miss the good old days. I miss you. I miss the fragrance of those
times. I miss the humanity 
which has almost vanished. I miss the love
that people had for each other at that time. But there's still some
hope. There are still some angels among us. Who care, love & spread
smiles all the way.

Oh! I'm at peace now. It felt so good sharing my heart with you. Thank you. Be brave, be the warrior that you are & I'll learn from you.
With Love,
                   An older you. Broken yet determined.


- Atifa Khatoon
Thank you for your time.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He Chucked His Wife In Front Of Me! | Real Life Story | Indian Wrines

Mother, A Saviour Even After Death | Short Story | Emotional | Indian Wrines

Indian Roads And Its Messiah | India | Tribute | Heroes Of Indian Roads