A Buttery Trip To Amritsar!!


A Buttery Trip To Amritsar!!

“How about Amritsar?” asked my mom. 



So basically we had 3-4 days holidays in a row so the travel bug inside us started tickling, specially my mom's. I guess our last family trip was to Lansdowne which was ‘Okay’ and it was 2 years back. All these two years for me travelling was, Home - College - Back Home, (quite entertaining though because of the kinds of people I saw everyday in bus).

So yeah, a day before our holiday starts, we started searching for the place to hit up (I know too early). Out top most priority was Mumbai, mainly because we wanted to see Shah Rukh Khan’s house and yaa also the beach. But also when I started looking for available flights for the ‘Next Day’, I said okay let’s just visit our mountains. Why I did such tragic change? That is because flights for next day to anywhere are just toooo expensive.

But mountains have become boring for us, like I have visited so many mountains in my 20 years of my life. Dear mountain peeps, I’m not trying to hurt anyone’s sentiments and even if your sentiments are hurt then why the hell are your sentiments so weak that anyone hurt it easily, be strong dude, you have so much to see in life. Also this was for every Indian not just for mountain peeps because sentiments of Indians are just soo easy to hurt.

So that’s when my mom hit up with Amritsar.



Amritsar – Golden Temple – Awesome Kulche, Paranthe, and that is all came to my mind and we (my other family members) said yes let’s do it. So we decided for a road trip, who’s driving, obviously my dad because I am still 20 years old. What!? 20 years old at your home drive? No, it is not good. Ban such acts.



So we planned to leave by 4:00 am, HAHAH!! Yaa, 4:00 am, so that we could reach quickly and avoid traffic. But we just got a little late, we left at 5:30 am in the morning and that time I was thankful my dad was driving not me or our trip, rather going to Amritsar would have converted to somewhere else. But 5:30 am was not that late like we just got stuck in a little (HUGE) traffic. So basically it took us 12 hours to reach Amritsar, not including the time we rested between the drives.

The first thing after reaching Amritsar was to find a hotel. Oh! No, we don’t use OYO or Ibibo. No general reason, just like that. But before finding a hotel we wanted to know how to and from where to go to The Golden temple. We asked a sardarji (turban man) there, he told us the route by drawings it in the air. I felt like he was telling us the route to heaven because as he was adding roads to his air map, his hands were raising up and at one point he was actually pointing to the sky, like see that blue thing, we call it sky. But my dad could understand the roads he was telling, it felt like my dad was so used to Amritsar. But there is something special in men; they understand roads of any place very well, even if they are visiting the place for the first time. Me? I get lost easily in my neighborhood. At that point I realized I am still not the man I should be at 20 years. Like I don’t justify my age, also I still like pink candy. Oh! Never mind.



So my dad followed the road to the heaven (Golden Temple). That Sardarji who guided us was so accurate with the roads; he gave us the route that enters directly to The Golden Temple. It was like a pull and once you get on it, you can’t go back (it was a one way). We didn’t want to visit The Golden Temple at that moment, finding a hotel was important that time but as I said we can’t go back. At that point I realized the concept of ‘Destiny’.



 Anyway that pull took us directly to a parking area (people who have been to the Golden Temple will relate). From that parking, there were two choices to reach The Golden temple, walk to it or take Rs 100 e – rickshaw. So obviously our athletic bodies forced us to take the rickshaw. That rickshaw driver drove us to a very beautiful temple, The Golden Temple. I was awestruck, when I first entered the temple. It was beautiful. Everything was shining. Did some mandatory clicks there (yaa these pictures only) and bowed my head to god there and asked for good marks which he never gives to me also I don’t work hard so it’s okay, but everything is on god. Right? Like, why should we work hard, god is with us. Right humans?



We spent the remaining day at The Golden temple (6:30 pm to 8:00 pm). The Golden Temple looks beautiful in night. So after coming out of the temple, our next task was to find a hotel, which was tough, I swear every other hotel was full, like WTH!! But we did find a hotel and slept (yaa also ate in between). So after a tiring night we ate a light breakfast, aloo ke paranthe with butter, actually too much butter, it felt like we ordered a plate of butter with some aloo parantha in it, you see that's why the title says butterly. But that is what Punjab is famous for (Awesome Food).



Then from the hotel we did a local cab type there whose driver took the responsibility to show us every spot in Amritsar. He was actually a very nice guy. He gave us a tour to famous places in Amritsar like Jallianwala Bagh, Wagha Border (it was lit af) and other small famous eating joints with menus having expensive food. In short he was a good guy who also asked for Rs 400 in the end for the tour. My dad gave him a Rs 500 note and also rejected the change and said, “You are a nice guy keep it, adjust it for the next time when we will come.” Both shared a laugh and he left. But I was like, ‘WHAATT!!’, straight Rs 500 note and I asked myself is this a scam my parents are doing. I started thinking maybe they are billionaires but living a simple life so that I become a humble guy. Like seriously Rs 100 extra?



But honestly I enjoyed the most at The Wagha border. It was toooooooo crowdy and sooooooooo sunny, it burned me fully but on the positive side, so energetic and the parade in the show was ‘The Thing’. At our best friend forever’s border (Pakistan) I couldn’t see many people, maybe because they didn’t have holiday in their country like we had. But at our Indian side, so many people, so energetic, just too lit.



So yaa, these were all the places I visited in Amritsar. The next day we had to leave early morning. But I didn’t want to leave, no not because I got extremely attached, but I don’t wanna wake up so early. So we left around 8:00 am and said ‘Bye’ to Amritsar. No, I didn’t do that emotional shit. 😑

*Life Lesson: Don’t get attached too easily* 😆

But I was thinking that I won’t be able to have that awesome plate of butter with some aloo ka parantha or kulcha. I swear I ate soooo much in this trip; I literally put on so much of extra calories. I was so worried about my calorie count and weight that I end up doing an awesome dinner at this beautiful place ‘Haveli’. It was expensively tasty, but my co – family member didn’t like the dinner much.



We reached home around 11:00 pm and ate some chips and we all went to sleep without saying anything to each other (we were tired af).

Best thing about roads to Amritsar was, they were clean, smooth and well maintained.



*Essentials to carry for Amritsar:

1. An empty stomach
2. Money to fill that stomach

*Do not’s in Amritsar:

1. Do not skip The Golden Temple and Wagha Border.
2. Do not roam without covering your head by some cloth in Golden Temple.
3. Do not pee in your pants (well you shouldn’t do this anywhere).

*Sorry I didn't click any food picture because I was busy eating.* 😝



-Siddhant Lavania










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He Chucked His Wife In Front Of Me! | Real Life Story | Indian Wrines

Mother, A Saviour Even After Death | Short Story | Emotional | Indian Wrines

Indian Roads And Its Messiah | India | Tribute | Heroes Of Indian Roads